STRENGTH, WEAKNESS, OPPORTUNITY AND CHALLENGES
- The Government of Sikkim provides free education to all the students of Sikkim, which gives opportunities to the rural students to pursue their higher education.
- The College is located in a very Eco-friendly pollution free environment with largest area coverage in Sikkim and with a greater potential to make it the most beautiful green campus of our country.
- The Teacher students ratio is very encouraging, by which students gets individual attention from the faculties. Most of the faculties are very young, energetic and committed.
- Government College Rhenock, is the only college in Sikkim which provides various non-conventional subject.
- The College organises different Co curricular activities at a regular interval and also organised different study tour for the students.
- The College has a NIELIT hub, which provides free computer courses to SC/ST students and very nominal fees for other students every year.
- The College has a well equipped CCTV monitoring system for the safety and security of the students and college.
- The College has formed different committee and Cells like, Literary, Eco Club, Culture, Yoga, Sports, Mountaineering and Photography etc to encourage and involve the students in various activities.
- Due to the location aspects and erratic communication network the Institution has internet problems, which is a major setback for teachers to use the ICT enabled classrooms and as well for the students to gather, update and upgrade the information.
- Being located in a remote area the Institution faces erratic power supply and regular road blockage.
- The college offers 15 different subjects but the number of classroom is a major constraint to accommodate the students.
- The enrollment in the college is less as per the allotted numbers, because of the rural set up.
- The library has very less number of reputed journals and reference books.
- Since the college is under construction, it lacks most of the basic infrastructure facilities like, playground, Auditorium, Cafeteria, staff quarters, hostels, etc, which is a hindrance for the development of the college.
- Since the college is under RUSA scheme, few vocational subjects can be introduced for greater career opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Horticulture, Floriculture etc.
- The College can introduce pure science subjects such as Geology/Earth Science/Geo-science, Disaster Management, Physical Education, Art and Music, Physics, Chemistry, Cultural Studies, Area Studies etc.
- PG courses can be introduced in few subjects as most of the faculties are eligible.
- Since the college has a large area different innovative practices can be initiated involving the students, which can generate revenue for the college.
- The College should be given greater autonomy for utilization of resources for development of the college under RUSA.
- Due to centralized admission system, the college is compelled to enroll students having low percentage, which is a major challenge for the faculties to motivate the students to excel in their studies.
- Due to the rural set up of the college, the faculties as well as students get less opportunity to participate in mainstream program outside the state.
- The college is in need of a greater autonomy to send the teaching fraternity to attend various courses.