Government College Rhenock, East Sikkim has formulated a code of conduct or a set of rules and regulations governing the behaviours or conduct of individuals entering the college premises in the following areas:
- Code of conduct of faculty members,
- Code of conduct of students and
- Code of conduct of visitors
1. CODE OF CONDUCT OF FACULTY MEMBERS
- Proper and chivalrous manners as part of professional and office decorum and as mark of respect to all categories of employees without discrimination on grounds of nature and tenure of employment. To show due respect to all office bearers and chairpersons.
- Polite use of language as means of verbal expression, communication and exchange. Use of informal and casual forms of address, abusive and slang words is strictly outlawed. This is to ensure that a congenial atmosphere in the college is maintained.
- Correct use of language whether English or Nepali to uphold standards expected in any academic institution. As literate educated members of the college fraternity each one is responsible for upholding standards of correctness while speaking in a particular language. All college notices, letters and invitations are to be written in correct formal language.
- Use of polite conversational tone while addressing and interacting with colleagues, students and visitors. Shouting, screaming and calling out to one another in loud voices or engaging in loud conversation or discussion while walking down the corridors during class hours is strictly forbidden. There should be complete silence in the library and in laboratories.
- Use of proper gait, posture and gesture while walking, standing or sitting in corridors, in classrooms and laboratories. Pushing, jostling or shoving anyone to make way for oneself is strictly forbidden.
- Correct use of facilities in toilets and washrooms as per standard norms practiced in all public places to ensure toilets remain clean and usable throughout the day. Use of bins to dispose garbage and litter. Burping, smoking, chewing and spitting in the college premises are strictly forbidden. This is to maintain public decency, health and hygiene.
- Eating inside the library or any of the classrooms is strictly prohibited. Food is to be eaten only in the college cafeteria, canteen, common room or staff room. Exemption will be made on the day of the college seminars and workshops.
- Responsible use of every article of college property and all the facilities availed by the college. It is the duty of every faculty members to be alert and vigilant while using college property and to report any misuse or damage of college items.
- The college requests all its members to work in a spirit of cooperation and harmony, to remove unnecessary and unpleasant altercations and conflicts through peaceful negotiation and discussion and to refrain from bitter verbal exchanges.
- It is mandatory for all the staff members to carry their identity cards along with them on every working day of the college.
2. CODE OF CONDUCT OF STUDENTS
- Using mobile phones in the college during class hours and classes dedicated for academic research activities is strictly discouraged. The same is to be maintained in the library and seminar hours.
- Students are discouraged to bring in outsiders without formal invitation issued by the college, or to use the college premises to host parties to celebrate events of personal nature etc.
- As student-members of the college they are responsible for all items of the college property they use and will be held liable for the damage, defacing and/or for the removal of any article owned by the college from the college premises.
- All the students shall carry their identity cards everyday to the college.
3. CODE OF CONDUCT OF VISITORS
- This code is part of the security measures adopted by the college authorities to protect all members of the college as well as the college property from external threats of any kind. The college building is under the jurisdiction of Rhenock Police Station.
- A visitor board has been installed in the Administrative block of the college to maintain visitors records.
- All visitors invited by the college are GUESTS and are to be treated as such and enjoy the hospitality extended by the college.
- Visitors seeking information about any aspect of the college will be directed by the Administrative non-teaching staffs to the relevant place be it office, Principal’s office, staff room etc. No visitor will be permitted to come uninvited to classrooms and examination halls.
- Visitors must come by prior appointment to meet teachers. They are to be seated in the college foyer in case they arrive without appointment and will be permitted to visit the staff room only if the teacher concerned shows consent. Staff members will be responsible for those they invite to the college premises within college hours. Staff members will not invite any visitor to the college premises or use parking space beyond college hours.
- Visitors invited and uninvited will fill the Visitors slip available in the college foyer before they meet any member of the college. The visitors’slip will be duly sent up by the personnel deployed to do so. Entries of visitors are to be recorded in the Visitor’s book.
- The college is under CCTV surveillance; Cameras are installed at all entry and exit points.
- The college guarantees safety and security to all within its precincts, particularly guests.